This is why NACO developed RCR-Tool©. Our solution uses advanced simulation modelling to assess the runway condition in real-time, providing a highly accurate solution to the challenges the GRF may impose on airports.
NACO'S RCR-TOOL© | GRF compliance made easier
Standing water is much more common than you expect! Learn why it occurs and the impacts on runway safety and operational excellence. Get solutions for safer and more efficient airport operations.
At NACO we help airports leverage automation, technology, and data to enhance efficiency and safety. Built on over 70 years of aviation expertise our RCR-Tool©, is a sophisticated runway condition reporting tool, designed to meet new ICAO expectations and regulations.
Developed with extensive knowledge of runway pavements, contaminants, airport operations, and digital transformations it offers valuable insights to improve airport operations.
1. What kind of equipment is needed for RCR-Tool©?RCR-Tool© comprises three rain sensors and one data gateway. The rain sensors are installed alongside the runway, one for each 1/3rd. The gateway is to be installed on a high location with access to power and the internet. All can be installed and commissioned within two days, without disruption of air traffic. The RCR-Tool© dashboard can be accessed by computers you already have in use.
2. Does installation of the system require civil works?
RCR-Tool© has been designed for quick and easy installation and commissioning and requires no civil works. The system can be installed and operational within two weeks of placing the order. The installation itself can be done within two days, without disruption of air traffic. Because the rain sensors used by RCR-Tool© operate fully autonomously, they do not need power or data cables either.
3. Can we use our own meteo data for RCR-Tool©?
The sensors used by RCR-Tool© are unique in how they measure precipitation and send data. This makes the sensors very accurate and provides real-time rainfall data. The location of the sensors next to the runway also ensure relevance of rainfall data to runway condition. As these sensors provide the best results for the system, RCR-Tool© is tailored to work with these sensors only.
4. Do I need specific training to use RCR-Tool©?
The dashboard is designed to be user-friendly and intuitive. To ensure best use and understanding of the system, a training is included during installation of RCR-Tool© to make users familiar with the full functionality of the system.
5. How does RCR-Tool© report winter conditions?
RCR-Tool© is a decision support tool that fully automates the generation and distribution of the RCR and SNOWTAM. With the help of the tool, the inspector selects the results of the assessment from a drop-down menu, after which the RCR is generated automatically, ready for distribution. For non-winter conditions, the assessment is done automatically with the possibility to override. After approval by the inspector, it is ready for distribution.