Junior Airport Security Consultant
- Den Haag
What you will do as Junior Airport Security Consultant
As a Junior Airport Security
Consultant, you will be responsible for further growing our services in the
field of airport security, together with other colleagues. With your experience
and knowledge of security processes and systems in and around airports (or
similar environments) you add value to our projects and liaise with clients and
While providing security solutions for our clients you address individual aspects and/or specific systems without losing track of the overall planning and design process. You coordinate project solutions in a multi-disciplinary environment and are familiar with airport operational processes.
As a member of our airport special systems team based in the Netherlands you will work on projects around the world and:
- Assist in study and design projects and take responsibility for project results and deliverables.
- Help grow our business and develop and expand the capabilities in the field of (airport) security.
In this position you will also perform the following tasks:
- Developing airport security strategies and providing input for airport master plans.
- Performing threat assessments.
- Security and customs processes and checkpoint design, including screening of passengers, baggage, staff, goods and waste.
- Developing functional and technical specifications for security screening equipment, video surveillance systems and access control systems.
- Assist in making proposals for new projects and tenders.
- Study and apply relevant international standards and regulations (ICAO, EU, TSA, etc).
- Keep informed about the latest developments in airport security and related technologies.
Where you will work
Royal HaskoningDHV is an independent, international engineering and project management
consultancy with 140 years of experience. Backed by the expertise and experience of 6,000 colleagues all over the world, our professionals combine global expertise with local knowledge to deliver a multidisciplinary range of consultancy services for the entire society in some 150 countries. By showing leadership in sustainable development and innovation, together with our clients, we are working to become part of the solution to a more sustainable society now and into the future.
As a Junior Airport Security Consultant you will become part of the Business Unit Aviation. This is one of the smaller and more intimate units and consists of the worldwide renown consultancy brands NACO and InterVISTAS. Our highly motivated team delivers full spectrum, integrated engineering-, strategic- and management consultancy services related to airport and aviation development all over the globe. We run our aviation business from our “head office” in The Hague, The Netherlands supported by our offices in Canada, United States and South Africa.
What you bring
Working in multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams spread across different countries is no problem for you.
- You have a knack for technical security and would like to further explore this domain in the world of aviation and further professionalize yourself there. Besides that, you have:
- A relevant Bachelor or Masters degree in Aviation, Transportation Logistics, Engineering.
- An affinity for the security domain.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English; additional languages will be considered a plus.
- Previous experience in security fields (such as building security) or with security systems (camera systems and similar) is an added bonus.
What we offer youWe offer you an opportunity to make a difference in a unique team of aviation enthusiasts. Together with our very talented staff you make the future of aviation happen through rewarding projects. Royal HaskoningDHV holds a solid national and international market position that offers ample opportunity for personal and professional development. Furthermore, we offer:
- Competitive salary;
- 28 vacation days and the possibility to purchase extra days;
- All possibilities with working from home;
- Laptop, phone, and home office package;
- Large contribution to our pension fund.
Are you our new colleague?Do you want to join our team in The Hague developing the most important airports in the world as our new Airport GIS data analyst? Then we would like to meet you! Apply now via the button below, or if you have a question, you can always contact Max Kapteijn, Recruiter Aviation, at [email protected] or call/WhatsApp on +31 0 683 241 654. If you would like to schedule a digital face to face meeting to discuss the role, please let us know.
Acquisition by agencies is not appreciated.