Air Transport Economist - NACO
- Den Haag
you looking for the next step in your career? Are you an ambitious, internationally mobile and
proactive professional with a proven track record in aviation
or transportation? Are you a passionate consultant and skilled in transport
economics and finance? And last but not least, are you fun
to work with, goal-oriented and ready to work in a multi‐cultural and
multi-disciplinary team in an international and fast changing
What you will do as Air Transport Economist - NACO
- You will be responsible for carrying out market analysis and developing long-term projections of air traffic activity levels supporting our due diligence and master planning assignments.
- You will be responsible for developing airport cost/revenue analyses as well as complex financial models supporting the valuation of airports in airport public-private partnerships and transactions.
- You are able to work harmoniously in multidisciplinary teams of analysists, specialists, planners, engineers and architects, and understand the impact and relevance of their work in the larger context and other disciplines. At the same time, also able to work independently and able to meet deadlines.
- In your role you mentor and coach junior staff or starters in your fields of work and expertise and help shape and build our airport business planning team.
Where you will workRoyal HaskoningDHV is an
independent, international engineering and project management
consultancy with 140 years of experience. Backed by the expertise and experience of 6,000 colleagues all over the world, our professionals combine global expertise with local knowledge to deliver a multidisciplinary range of consultancy services for the entire society in some 150 countries. By showing leadership in sustainable development and innovation, together with our clients, we are working to become part of the solution to a more sustainable society now and into the future.
As a Air Transport Economist you will become part of the Business Unit Aviation. This is one of the smaller and more intimate units and consists of the worldwide renown consultancy brands NACO and InterVISTAS. Our highly motivated team delivers full spectrum, integrated engineering-, strategic- and management consultancy services related to airport and aviation development all over the globe. We run our aviation business from our “head office” in The Hague, The Netherlands supported by our offices in Canada, United States and South Africa.
What you bringYou are an ambitious, passionate proactive individual. You are interested and eager to develop
innovative solutions in co-creation with our Clients. You are a team player able who
understands the impact and relevance of your work in the larger context and
towards the work of others, you enjoy learning, sharing knowledge and working
towards mutual goals. At the same time,
you are also able to work independently and able to meet deadlines.
In addition, you preferably have the following skills and experience:
- 2 to 5 years’ work experience of which a considerable time in a similar role within aviation or transportation.
- A master’s level university degree with a background in finance or engineering.
- Advanced competency with MS-Excel, Word, and PowerPoint (or similar applications), affinity with modelling and simulations.
- Experience with, and understanding of, statistical software and data visualization tools, such as Tableau, is considered an asset.
- Strong writing skills. You are a clear, well-organized writer. Your writing ability covers both the ability to document research and to provide clear prose motivating and describing results.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; you are able to present your work in a structured clear and graphical way.
- Familiarity with the current issues in aviation industry is an advantage.
- Proficient in English language, any other language is always welcome.
What we offer youWe offer you an opportunity to make a difference
in a unique team of aviation enthusiasts. Together with our very talented staff
you make the future of aviation happen through rewarding projects. Royal
HaskoningDHV holds a solid national and international market position that
offers ample opportunity for personal and professional development.
Furthermore, we offer:
- Competitive salary;
- 28 vacation days and the possibility to purchase extra days;
- All possibilities with working from home;
- Laptop, phone, and home office package;
- Large contribution to our pension fund.
Are you our new colleague?Do you want to join our
team in The Hague developing the most important airports in the world as our
new Air Transport Economist? Then we would like to meet you! Apply now via the
button below, or if you have questions, feel free to contact recruiter [email protected] or call/WhatsApp on +31 0 683 241 654. If you would like to schedule a digital face to face meeting to discuss the role, please let us know.
Acquisition for this vacancy by agencies is not appreciated and offered candidates will not be taken into consideration.